For instance, if a patient wants PT intervention in preparation for an upcoming surgery, insurance may or may not cover those pre-rehabilitation (sometimes called prehab) services. Concierge PT eliminates the stress of worrying about insurance coverage, enabling patients to receive all sorts of physical therapies—including sports conditioning, strengthening, mobility exercises, recent technologies, and preventative therapies.
There are numerous benefits such as:
- Pre-rehabilitation: when a patient wishes to receive physical therapy prior to an upcoming surgery, insurance may not cover the pre-rehabilitation (otherwise known as “prehab”) services.
- Sports Conditioning: Concierge PT takes away that stress by allowing any kind of physical therapies—including sports conditioning, strengthening, mobility exercises and even cutting-edge technologies—as well as preventative measures without having to worry about whether it will be covered or not.
- HMO limitations: Concierge PT also eliminates the limitations of HMOs, which are usually more restrictive. This can be beneficial for those wanting extra attention, for those looking to get into a more-desirable physical therapy practice, or to get back into shape after an injury or post-surgery.
In addition, concierge models offer patients the privilege of reserving appointments when it is most convenient for them. Those in this model typically benefit from:
- full personalized attention
- treatment sessions that affective to witness faster results
- effortless scheduling and better access to the therapists